Learning Japanese can be an exciting and rewarding journey. With the rise of the internet and various online resources, it has become easier than ever to access quality language learning materials. One of the most popular and effective ways to start learning Japanese is through YouTube. In this article, we will introduce ten YouTube channels that offer a variety of Japanese learning content to help you get started on your language learning journey.
II. Introducing some YouTube channels to learn Japanese:
- Japanese Tomato: This channel features videos on very basic Japanese concepts such as numbers, days of the week, and colors. Perfect for absolute beginners to get a taste of the language.
- JapanSocietyNYC: This channel offers an introduction to Japanese, covering essential phrases and cultural insights to help you understand the language better. It goes deep into certain cultural aspects of Japan as well. So there is a lot of videos to watch. Just make sure this will not interfere with your first goal to start speaking some simple phrases and words in Japanese!
- Dogen: Known for his humorous approach, Dogen’s videos, such as “39 Phrases in Japanese,” make learning fun and entertaining. This is advanced stuff, but still great fun on your language learning journey!
- Japanesepod101: With a large collection of videos, Japanesepod101 caters to learners of all levels, providing comprehensive lessons to deepen your understanding of Japanese. More than 2000 videos are on youtube including some spicy topics like How to be a Good lover in Japanese. Ok, I know you want that video about being a good lover. Here is the link!
- Paolo from Tokyo: In his video “Eating at a Japanese Restaurant,” Paolo provides practical language tips and cultural insights for a dining experience in Japan.
- Janus Academy: This channel offers “60 Essential Sentences” to help you build a strong foundation in Japanese for everyday conversations.
- Currently Hannah: Focusing on travel, Hannah shares useful Japanese phrases for travelers to help you navigate Japan with ease.
- Learn Japanese with Tanaka san: Tanaka san teaches basic phrases in a clear and straightforward manner, making it an excellent resource for beginners.
- Abroad in Japan: With his video on “25 words,” Chris Broad offers an engaging and informative introduction to Japanese phrases that are useful in various situations. Very simple and very basic! One of the first videos you should watch! Start with this!!!
- Tabi Eats: This channel focuses on food and travel, and their video on “10 Basic Phrases” provides essential language tips for exploring Japan’s culinary delights. The 10 basic phrases are a must watch! The hosts give enough space for repetition and you will learn correct pronunciation! Very important indeed!
Now that you have a list of YouTube channels to kickstart your Japanese learning journey, you can benefit from the repetition and varied content these videos offer. To further enhance your learning, consider attending language exchange events, visiting Japan to practice with locals, or using language learning apps and online tutors such as italki. With dedication and the right resources, you’ll be well on your way to mastering the Japanese language.
And remember: If you are not Kungfucius (which you are clearly not!), then you won’t reach the end of the internet and there are so many more channels to explore. For example Miku Real Japanese.